Re: How many NR locos are now written of?

I think Maurie's question is spot on.

May I add, interstate trucking firms haven't used old rigs due to the
oversupply in the market and reluctance by shippers to consign with an
operator running a rig over 3 years old. I believe the cockies and bulkers
(e.g. grain) snap up the older rigs. I saw (in '97) road trains running
south out of Salmon Gums (yes, while L class were running ore on the line)
with a semi rig trailed by a B-double dog trailer combo (sort of a
triple-bottom). This sort of outfit would need the higher hp rigs, like
those used on double-bottom road trains across the Nulla'.

DW