Re: Alternatively powered train

At the point in the space/time continuum known as Wed, 28 Oct 1998 23:46:15
+0800, the state of the universe as viewed by "David & Jan Winter"
<winterd@nospam-icenet.com.au> was thus:

>I have a recent generation Hi8 camcorder with Li-ion batteries. The
>characteristics of this type sure are nice for camcorder work.
>
>But I can't see how at $5.80 per watt-hour (InfoLithium (C) Sony) cf 5.3c
>per watt-hr (my car battery) the economics are going to come within range in
>the forseeable future.

I didn't say Li-ion, I said NiMH. Also, with Sony's InfoLithium, you're
paying extra for the Info part of it.

David Streeter
--
opinions expressed are probably not those of
Little "Q" Model Railroad Club