Re: W-Class Trams and ATMS

Jennifer Richmond wrote:

> No, I think that by 'The Console' they mean the little thingy that busses
> also have. It is the size of a small cash register and a button must be
> pressed every time the tram crosses from one section to another. At the end
> of the route, a series of buttons must be pressed to let the tram know that
> it is changing directions and which route it is on.

Goodness, you would have thought that after spending $300 million-plus,
the old fashioned AVM (automatic vehicle monitoring) equipment on board
every tram would have told the ticket machine where the tram was.

Dave McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

While Parliament is in session, no working person's income, nor anyone's
rights and freedoms, are safe from plunder by their elected
representatives.