Oh no, *MORE* Metcard.

On Thursday I purchased for the first ever time, a weekly Metcard from
the large ATM on the right hand side at the Swanston St entrance of
Museum Station. What I found interesting was, that on the ticket,
nothing was printed, other than "WELCOME TO THE MET". I was rather
sceptical about the ticket being able to work until last night I
validated it at Ivanhoe station, and shock horror, "EXPIRES JUNE 5" was
printed at the top. Since i'm, still eligible for concession AND the
ticket was only Zone 1, it would be intersting to see how the gestapo
would go checking the ticket, when in my experiences even up until
tuesday when i encountered them last they did not carry around portable
ticket readers.

This has brought to light a few questions:

1) How do they know what ticket i have? i could be carrying a concession
ticket in zone 3 as far as they are concerned and not be picked up
unless i try to validate it out of Zone 1. (of course i know of the
yellow lights on the gates and "beep beep").

2) Is this a fault with the Metcard machine or does it happen to some
tickets?

3) Assuming it IS a fault, what would the gestapo do when i show them
this ticket?

Mick.
--
Mr Michael Kurkowski.   Email: simcard@tig.com.au
    Snail Mail: P.O. Box 337 Glenroy, VIC 3046