Re: Clyde Open Day

Bob (gioia@fastlink.com.au) wrote:
>> I would have expected to see 4201 and 42220 on the list. And possibly even
>> B74.
>
>I agree with you entirely. The logic for the units selected is as follows:
>3801   most famous Clyde steam loco
>GM 1  first Clyde built diesel loco
>Westrail L class  first 3000hp units built by Clyde
>Westrail Q class first radial steer bogie units built by Clyde
>National Rail AN class first 4000hp interstate unit built by Clyde
>Freightcorp 81 class first high adhesion units built by Clyde (I gather this
>means Super Series)

42220 was the first Super Series loco, so I think it should be there. Send
something else on SL15/16 that weekend. :)

No 82 class going?

>Freightcorp 90 class  ???????? I suppose they look good and aren't normally
>seen in Sydney

The 90 class was built in Canada.

As the display is is Sydney, 4201 should be there, being the class leader
of the first class of Clyde locos in service with NSWGR. The 421 and VR B
class were also revolutionary Clyde designs.

Cheers
David