Re: Big derailment. Melb yard 25/5

>So, what is going to happen to the damage to the NR.

It has gone to Goninans Spotswwod for repairs along with NR26 and NR57
ex Robertson derailment/collision.

>Who is going to pay for the repairs and the lost time???
>
>Is SCT going to be liable for the damage and time lost??

Not sure but I would guess so. Whoever gets the blame for the initial
derailment (VLF or VicTrack or ???)gets the bill for everyones
repairs.

>I've never really understood the insurance implications of rail operations
>and am eager to know.
>

>>> Reports said that 2 locos had been struck by wagons, I could not see
>these
>>> clearly, but possiblt the Sealink NR was one of these.

NR 59 was the loco struck by the errant ABFY.

Cheers

Krel