Re: SAR RECORDS

GOODWIN ALCO <alco@planet.net.au> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me where all historical records are kept for the South
>Australian Railways? In Sydney of course we have the Transport House
>archives dept but is there something similar in SA thats open to the
>public for historical research.
>Brad Peadon
>Alcos International

I believe these are at the Mortlock (spelling?) library, which I think
is an annexe (?) of the State Library of S.A., whose catalogue can be
telnetted to at 143.216.21.4 (slsa@gov.au?).  Last I heard the
collection was described as "very extensive" but "totally
uncatalogued" and "they don't really know what they have"

Geoff Lambert