Re: Trains Article Mentioned in NSW Parliament

Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote:

>You could hardly call Trains an influential American travel magazine but you
>could call it a railfan magazine. The guy that wrote the article was no one I'd
>ever heard of and no doubt an average US railfan that got paid for an article
>he wrote about his holiday down under.

Actually, I think I know Zimmerman from when I lived in New York in
the mid-70's.  He was then, and I think he still is, a long-time
railway author and owner of Quadrant Press, which has had a railroad
bookshop and publishing company on (about) 47th St in the city and has
been publishing and writing about trains for (probably) 30 years.  He
always expressed an interest in "railroads downunder" and once told me
that he would eventually visit and ride the trains.

Geoff Lambert