Re: 10 x 2-hours metcards

Mick Stock (mzs@bigpond.com) wrote:
: Last week, someone mentioned (sorry, I haven't got the original msg any
: more) that you could get a 10x2-hour ticket from Metcard machines.
: Yesterday morning I checked the ATM at East Ringwood - there was no
: provision for one of these tickets! Because of the hours I work, a 10x2
: would come in handy. I'm going through Heathmont this afternoon & will
: check the ATM there, but as of a week ago it also didn't do 10x2hr. The
: brochures handed out by Metcard people a few month ago also DON'T
: mention 10x2's....

Try the "Metcard 10" button on the large machines followed by
the zones and type.  This should work.

What zones as rail+2 avaible in?  If I try in only works
in the city.  Also "Off Peak Saver" only works in Zone 2
or 3.  Why couldn't they not have the buttons if that
ticket wasn't there, or at least not have any writing
next to the button.

: p.s. To all those who are confused about whether or not you have to
: validate Metcards - READ THE SIGNS - every railway station & every tram
: I've travelled on in the last two or three months have had signs
: explaining the situation. The brochures handed out on trams and at
: stations when metcard was introduced also CLEARLY explained this!!!!!!
: I've also noticed that many stations are getting new signs installed
: next to the ATMs, replacing some of the older, poorly located signs.

* You must validate you metcard if there is no expiry
date printed on the top line.  Failure to do so is
traveling without a vaild ticket ($100 fine).

* Failure to validate a VAILD metcard carrys no offence
and no fines. However this makes it a little had to get
on and off stations with barriers

Chris Gordon
  email - cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au
  http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord