Re: Australian Southern

Ian Macdonald wrote:

> On Friday 15th. May .............

> CL3 on the front and CL3D on the side. Both were painted in the old
> green (mostly) and yellow scheme. Between them was a loco of a different class

It was a DA class number 7 - and they have been in traffic for a couple
of years!!

> which I did not identify. It appeared to have been recently painted, > its colours were black and orange. Along the side of the long hood in > black letters was the name "Australian Southern". Does anyone know if > this is a new company?  If so, where does/will it operate and when?

Good GOD!!  Under which rock have you been hiding for the last 6
months??  AUSTRALIA SOUTHERN RAILROAD commenced operation on NOVEMBER 8
1987!!  It is the purchaser of the majority of the frieght portion of
Australian National!!

>.......  These views are entirely the writers
> |Tan80 BBS, Morphett Vale, South Australia +61-8-83261132

Another *informed* observer of the Australian Railway scene ??