Re: Something good to say about Metcard!

Michael Kurkowski <simcard@tig.com.au> wrote in article
<356545E9.E3428FB1@tig.com.au>...
> Chris Gordon wrote:
> >
> > David Penna wrote:
> > >
> > > I finally have something good to say about Metcard!
> > >
> > > I was most impressed how you can buy a "2 hourly x 10" ticket using
an
> > > EFTPOS card at a station machine - at a discounted rate.  At least
now I
> > > don't have to fumble for the correct change or waste time buying a
ticket
> > > every time I want to travel.
> >
> > So how does it print the expiry dates
> > line after line
> > ie:
> > 26 May 98 17:00
> > 27 May 98 16:00
> > etc...
>
> When you buy a ticket from a station machine it does not validate it
> there and then, therefore no expiry dates are printed.
>
> Btw, i would be interested david, to find a station that does this.

All stations in the Melbourne Metro area (Bayside and Hillside railways)
with ticket machines sell 10*2hr tickets on one ticket. The big machine
(usually on the 'up' side) sells them and EFTPOS is available at these
machines for ALL tickets.