Something good to say about Metcard!

I finally have something good to say about Metcard!

I was most impressed how you can buy a "2 hourly x 10" ticket using an
EFTPOS card at a station machine - at a discounted rate.  At least now I
don't have to fumble for the correct change or waste time buying a ticket
every time I want to travel.

Well that was my compliment - now my complaints.

Unfortunate that you can't:

a) do the same for daily tickets (ie buy a 10 x daily for a discount) or

b) "double-dip" like you can on the Sydney buses and use the ticket for
two people.  I guess the programming is too complex, plus the confusion
it would cause the ticket barriers at stations.