Re: Burnley Group Trains (melb.)

Jim Leppitt wrote in message <35602537.0@news.virtual.net.au>...

>Johann Fan wrote in message <6jp0k3$6db$1@toto.tig.com.au>...
>>Dear all,
>>
>>What was going on tonight (Monday 18th May) with the Burnley group trains?
>>lot of trains banked up at about 5:20pm between Flinders Street and
Burnley
>>and a lot of trains running direct to Richmond (usually loop trains) that
>>were caused by 'signalling fault between Flinders Street and Richmond" I
>>would just like to know if that was the case, why would they run the
trains
>>direct to Richmond when running them through the loop. Anyone got other
>>news?
>>
>>thanx
>>Johann
>>
>I was waiting at Flagstaff. The pa anouncement advised that the 5:07 UFG
had
>been declared a failure at Spencer Street and would be shunted clear (North
>Melb?) asap to clear other trains.
>The 5:09 Mooroolbark arrived Flagstaff approx 10min late (5:24)
>Jim

I heard something about the UFG from the ticket checkers' radios, something
like a defective train...
They delayed the Mooroolbark and made the next 2 trains (5:11 GW and 5:13
Lilydale) run direct to Richmond, with some others as well... Both those
trains were relatively empty (actually very compared to usual peak hour) and
I don't think it met up with a connecting service at Richmond, so I guess
there was a lot of grumpy people at the cityloop stations..
later
Johann