Re: QR 4th track Northgate to Albion (and other QR stuff)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, I hate Spam wrote:

> This is probably in a FAQ somewhere;
>
> Does someone have any information on the 4th rail line being run from
> Northgate to Albion?

It is in railway digest this month, the quaduplication between mayne and
northgate, then a third track to be completed to petrie by 2001.

What about dual gauging the the std guage from Acaia Ridge to Greenbank
for suburban trains, this line will tap into the growing suburbs of
Algester, parkinson, browns plains, greenbank and park ridge, pallara etc
and with a co-ordinated buss service suburbs adjacent with large
populations such calamvale, stretton, sunnybank hills and crestmead could
be taped into.  If this line was built, i'd say that it would have better
patronage than the line from calboluture to gympie.

The track is owned by QR to the border and if the planners and National
rail were real smart a second track would be layed next to it, also of
dual guage to speed up operations out of acaia ridge.

Has this been thought of before?

 I also noticed that they seem to be doing some
> preparatory work for a 3rd line (?) North past Northgate.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Anthony Spierings

"Never let someone stuff something up for you, when you can stuff it just
as well yourself"

Neill