Re: 48s in Victoria

Maurie Daly <mauried@commslab.gov.au> wrote in article
<mauried.188.355A20E3@commslab.gov.au>...

>.
>
> The obvious question that needs to be asked here, and maybe it partly
explains
> why a certain large rail company made a $48 million loss last year ,is
why on
> earth are 4000HP locos being used to haul 400 tonne trains.
>
> cheers
> MD
>
> Eh...could it be that is all they have?.....NR's and little
tonnage......................
eh...just kidding.....Ran 9691 dn Wodonga today and spent several long
moments watching Triple and Quad [?] NR's Haul L>>O>>N>>G>> Consists past
me as I was continuosly put away at each loop to cross trains too long to
be put away.
Those loops in NSW must be pretty long now......makes the mind bogle to
think how they cross all these long trains about half way between Sydney
and Melb.
At about 2300 at night whilst we are making our last shunt at Uncle Bens,
we are
often blocking some long freights that cant leave untill the late afternoon
departures from Dynon and the XPT all pass thru.
                                                    Rod