Re: Freightcorp Electric loco fleet to finish up shortly

On Mon, 11 May 1998 17:16:53 +1000, Stuart Ellis
<festy@terrigal.net.au> wrote:

>It is understood that Freighcorp want all the electric loco fleet out of
>service by the end of June.  I have been
>told there are currently approx. 8 x 86 cl units in service at this
>stage, as Freightcorp do not have enough diesels in service yet to
>totally wipe out the electric loco fleet.

I am advised that there are twenty-two 86 class available for traffic,
of which two are for Lithgow bankers.   Being availabvle for traffic
does not mean that they are actually used.  It could be said that they
are stand-by to diesel traction.

Pete.