Re: Metcard Validation

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : Haha. ROFL.
> : It will only ever be a sort-of-statistical-but-really-a-guess
> distribution.
> : Cannot be anything else.
> The last 2 weeks now there have been 6 people on the stations between
> about Camberwell and Richmond counting the number of people on each
> train.
> They have one for each carrage and make a rought estimate of the
> people
> on the train.
>
> Does any one know what this is for?
>
> Working out the "sort-of-statistical-but-really-a-guess distribution"?

Yes, there are P.T.C. staff doing head count and I have been told by a
staff member (from Hillside) that this relates to ticketing matter.

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Serving Your Library and Office Needs
Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group CCT Approved Library Supplier