Melbourne TVMs

Hi there,
I have had the chance to experience these monsters. During my brief
stay, I was using the 57 tram a lot, TVMs were just being introduced
while I was there. Many time I saw the out of service sign on the
screen. They say that you must have a ticket to traven, what happens if
the machine is not working? Interesting test for a court case I would
think.

Also the failure of the on board TMVs to dispense Daily tickets leaves a
lot to be desired, one would think that the person who dreamed that idea
up would be a candidate for sacking, a stupid idea.

I was forwarned about this shortcoming after seeing the four corners
report, so I pre-purchased my next days ticket the night before at
Flinders Street before heading back to the Motel.

Apart from the obvious shortcomings of the Metcard system, my viset went
well except for waiting in the wrong place for a No 1 tram during the
blockage in Swanston Street at noon on the Wednesday 6th. (mua rally)

Regards
John