80 class units return to service

 8013 has recently returned to service yesterday. it is now acting as
the shunter at botany. It has returned to service in Tuscan. Last
Monday, 8013 hauled G520 ( for repairs) from DELEC to Chullora works,
with the intention of painting 8013 into blue. I t escaped, and is now
placed into traffic as is. 8004, 8007, 8015, 8046 are now in service.
8046 is still in reverse, while the other three are blue. 8046 is to be
withdrawn shortly due to condemned wheels. Also 8007 has been fitted
with four video cameras at the No 2 end for use in Enfield yard.  They
are very small, with two placed at the top of the mirrors on the sides,
while the other two are mounted alongside the auto couplers. I have
recently used this ( as I was a assistant driver at DELEC). There are
two video screens B& W mounted just above the speedo. I found these
cameras to be useless as the angle is too wide and can be very
dangerous, especially at night. When you were using this camera, you
could only see about 5 metres behind you. The cameras were on a trial
period, and most crews dislike them because of the above reasons.
    It is also my understanding that another 15 80s  are to return to
service over the next few months. primarily for use in Sydney Metrop
duties. This will also compensate for the loss of the electric loco
fleet. I hope this info is of some help

    Stuart Ellis