Tramway toilet conversions (was: Swanston ST trams)

In article <01bd79a5$9f2af800$a67438cb@katrinaa>, Kate & Andrew
<mrmorphet@bigfoot.com> writes

>> There was an item I heard/read recently where tenders were called for to
>> convert said building into a cafe or similar business.
>> Considering that the ground floor level of the building consisted mostly
>of
>> toilets, there does not seem to be much room left for a cafe, unless
>take-away
>

>Have you had a look at the restaurant at the beach end of Kerferd Road,
>Albert Park?
>That was formally a toilet block, converted into a restaurant....so
>anything is possible!
Indeed it is!   Here in Birmingham the former toilet block at the Rednal
tram terminus, destination for thousands of Sunday daytrippers until the
trmas finished in 1952, was converted a few years ago to become a cafe
and information centre.

It is decorated with some surprisingly informative and accurate panels
chronicling the history of the City - Rednal trams.

And the food's good.

And there's some tram track still in situ alongside.

--
Ian Jelf        http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Birmingham, England

Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for
London and the Heart of England