Re: Public Auction for Dorrigo Line

David Bromage <dbromage@metz.une.edu.au> wrote in article
<6ip671$66v$1@gruvel.une.edu.au>...
> Daryl Cheshire (daryl.cheshire@dse.vic.gov.au) wrote:
> >You could build an extension to Inverell    :-)
>
> There was a proposal early this century to build a line from South
Grafton
> to Inverell via Glen Innes. The United North and North West Better
> Communications League even wrote a detailed report about it and presented
> it to parliament. There is a copy of the report in the library here, I'll
> check it out when I have time.
>
> At one stage there was also a proposal to build a link from Dorrigo to
> Armidale via Ebor. Now I'd support this! :)
>
> Cheers
> David

G'day,
What some people might not know is that Dorrigo was only to be an
intermediate station on a cross country line to Guyra and about 15 to 20
k's of earthworks were completed before they were stopped in the
depression. However the question still remains. Can you run trains on
something that is now not a railway line.
Cheers
Greg Young