Re: Public Auction for Dorrigo Line

G'day,
	Just a thought though, at the moment the Glenreagh Dorrigo line is not a
railway line because it has been officially closed. If it is auctioned what
is it being auctioned as? I feel that on the information provided so far
that it may be sold as a corridor thereby bypassing the legislation. Does
the clock start ticking at the fall of the auctioneers hammer and if the
buyer does not run railmotors within 2 years and steam within 5 what
happens then? I thought that once you bought anything at auction it was
yours. Secondly, how can you run a railway that is not a railway. Don't you
need an act of parliament to create a railway?
just some thoughts
Cheers
Greg Young.
PS If the SRA do this which country branch line is next?

Trevor Edmonds <tedmonds@tmx.com.au> wrote in article
<354F0DF3.142D@tmx.com.au>...