Re: 3820

Darren Yates wrote:

> What are the chances of the RTM getting 3820 operational?
> It wouldn't be a bad idea while the blokes who fixed up 3830 are still
> around...
> Thoughts?

While your idea sounds great it is never likley to happen for the
following reasons.
1) The cost of restoring 3830 was near the $1 million mark and where would
the money come from?
2) The guys that restored 3830 are 3801Ltd volunteers and not RTM and
thereby lies a problem.
3) Why do we need a 3rd operational 38 class when we can't find enough
work for the 2 that are now running?
4) Why would the RTM want to give away the only 38 class they have?
5) The 3830 guys would like to restore 3265 also owned by the Powerhouse
but even getting money to restore this loco seems to be a problem.

Whilst not wishing to pour cold water over your idea I do think that the
restoration of 3820 by the RTM or anyone else is extremely unlikley.
Bob