Re: Road Transport set for a boost in pay loads.

bill@underpantscollective.com.au (Bill Evans) wrote a
lot of points deleted to keep things short:

Road transport may not pay it's fair share of using the
roads, BUT they do pay BIG taxes on equipment,
maintenance, fuel and employees.  The road transport
industry equally argues about the HUGE amounts of tax
payers money used to fund railways.!
Like election time passenger trains in NSW for example.

Whatever the arguments, they still move more non-
mineral freight than government railways because they
are quicker, responsive and far more flexible to the
market out there.

Rail SHOULD be moving most of it, but thanks to our
"integrated" state rail systems over the years and the
political grand standing and state parochialism we now
have the present mess, which the trucking industry has
capitalised on, no good blaming them.

----Tell
Alice Springs NT