Re: ABC News and the Overland >> the end is nigh.!

In article <1998033110155801.FAA23152@ladder01.news.aol.com> markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1) writes:
>From: markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1)
>Subject: Re: ABC News and the Overland >> the end is nigh.!
>Date: 31 Mar 1998 10:15:58 GMT

>Darn! the people on this ng are too smart! Yes, I was refering to the SG prior
>to CTC.

>Maurie, the signalling arrangements at a loop are quite independent of the
>safeworking system, even on AES you had 60MPH (if memory serves me correctly)
>despite the fact that you had to slow at the trailable points at every station.

>Track speed is one thing, speed restrictions due to points/crossing
>arrangements are another.

>Mark.
>THE ROCK is dead
>Long live THE ROCK!

I presume by AES you are talking about  Electric Staff using auto
exchangers which was 70 MPH where the track speed was 70 MPH.

Signalling systems & safeworking systems are differant where the signals &
points are directly under the control of a train controller or where they are
operated by a signaller under instructions of a train controller.
Where the signals and points are under the control of the driver of the
train,and the driver of the train is under the control of the train
controller,then the two are one and the same , ie the safeworking is the
signalling & vice versa.
The only reason that the cressy plains line has the bizzarre arrangement of
signals that it has is because of the safeworking system, ie the two
are dependant on each other.

Anyway , with a bit of luk , it will all possible change from 1 July.

cheers
MD