Re: Freight is booming

David Johnson wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
> > likewise and also you must remember that 48s are a branchline unit and we don't
> > have many of those left. How silly is it to have 4 48s on a coal train when 1 90
> > class can do the same work for less fuel.
>
> But not on the Pelton line.  48 class locomotives have a purpose too (even if they
> aren't GMs).

First the Pelton line looks certain to close at the end of this year. Second the GA
shows that 422 class are permitted to operate on this line. Yes I know they are in
storagre but. Also worth mentioning is that the 48s that were allocated to the new
Port Waratah depot have now been taken back and alloted to Lithgow and The Creek.
There is now usually only one train with quad 48s operating on the coal road and it
goes to Pelton.
Bob