Re: National Rail Workings Gs & BLs

Peter Neve <nswsrca@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<350fa925.5219687@news.ozemail.com.au>...
> 	G'day.
>
> 1.	G518  departure from  Acacia Ridge delayed until Thursday 19/3
> on 5BS8, due out at 1500 hours, Broadmeadow 0744 Friday, Cowan 1002,
> Thornleigh 1022/1150 (watch that one!) and into Trackfast Chullora at
> 1248.   It is likely to continue south on 5SM5 ex Trackfast the same
> evening at 1820, doubling with BL32 and an NR.   There is a
> possiblility only of it being a quad with G522 added.   This will be
> the las visit of these G class to Sydney, as parrently they are biehg
> transferred to BROAD gauge.   (Anyone know why, please?!  My report
> was for a repaint - to NR colours, but why on broad gauge?)

ummmmmm.............look I am very unsure of my facts, [should be none at
all]  Last week at Dynon F/P "Neal"
mentioned to someone, within my hearing, that 4 BL's were being put back on
to the BG to replace the leased
New X's {Steel trains to Long Island , BG}  that were now needed to replace
the G's running through to Perth...pant...pant........V/Lines new Perth
Container Service can lose 5 G's very quickly, indeed!   When I ask the
question who owns the remaining G's? working for NR, I am told by NR crews,
that all G and 81 Class engines in the Melbourne / Sydney pool, now
belong to NR. Some senior sources in V/Line say that they are long term
lease and will eventualy return to their
original owners?
So I wonder if your information is correct?
The BL's are a very dirty, rough Cab, and radio gear has been removed, to
equip the NR's for the ASW Western Line Running.
The G,s are equipped ASW [best of my memory??} That may be wrong, as they
spend a lot of time on the Sydney run. If they are not so equipped and they
do belong to NR, then it would make good sense to run them on BG!
Still not much fact in this, wonder if any of it might be close though?
                                               Rod