Re: Federation Line Transport Link.

>According to the February edition of 'Trolleywire' the heritage tramway
>proposal originated with the National Film and Sound Archive and the
>National Museum of Australia.  The support of the Sydney Tramway museum was
>sought and was quickly forthcoming.  The Museum is actively involved in
>developing and advancing the proposal.
>
>By the way, its Acton Peninsula where the hospital was (nothing to do with
>ACTION, the city's bus operator.
>
>ACTION buses are also in for a series of major changes this year.  The
>existing system is extremely complex, with different routes for weekends to
>weekdays.  The number of routes is to be reduced considerably, and
>hopefully more direct and frequent services will be introduced.  One change
>proposed is that the 333 service (intertown between Tuggeranong, Civic and
>Belconnen) will run every five minutes, the articulated buses will no
>longer operate on this service because they take too long to load and
>unload, and they're getting old.  They will be retained for school
>services.

  Too old?? I read that one too and it made me think. If the artics
are getting old what about the rest of the fleet? The 4 or 5 Mercedes
Benz 0305G's are getting old so to the rigid versions, and are being
sold off. But the Renault/Mack's which make up the bulk of the Artic
fleet are mostly around 10 years old, with about 5 only about 5 years,
which IMO is not all that old. I do agree with the sentiment that they
are a little too long for ACTIONS plans.
|  Ashley Wright, Sydney Australia	              |
|  ajwright@ozemail.com.au    or                      |
|  a.wright@student.canberra.edu.au                   |
|  www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright          |