Re: Extra platform at Kuraby

Leigh Kirwan wrote:

> I noticed while passing Kuraby (Brisbane -
> Beenleigh/Gold Coast line) yesterday that a new platform
> is being constructed on the up (eastern) side of the
> existing island platform.
>
> Since Gold Coast trains started running, there have been
> some fairly tricky maneuvers here with trains
> overtaking. It should also be useful for the 2 morning
> trains which commence here and the one afternoon train
> which terminates at Kuraby.
>
> The turning forkline has been recently removed as Kuraby
> trains are now electric only.

Not yet !
Sitting at Roma st on last Friday evening from around 1700 around 1 in 3
trains are diesel hauled ... including one to Beenleigh sometime between
1700 and 1725. Also the 0726 and 0826 from Milton (and yonder) towards
the
city are diesel. Now and again the 1723 Roma St - Gympie North is diesel
hauling
5 first class sitting cars instead of the 'spirit of rockhapmton' style
IMU.

--
John Boxall
john@kdlang1st.wow.aust.com - http://www.ozemail.com.au/~box - phone