Re: Extra platform at Kuraby

> Leigh Kirwan wrote:
> >
> > I noticed while passing Kuraby (Brisbane -
> > Beenleigh/Gold Coast line) yesterday that a new platform
> > is being constructed on the up (eastern) side of the
> > existing island platform.
> > The turning forkline has been recently removed as Kuraby
> > trains are now electric only.
>
> Not yet !
> Sitting at Roma st on last Friday evening from around 1700 around 1 in 3
> trains are diesel hauled ... including one to Beenleigh sometime between
> 1700 and 1725.
>
> John Boxall

The trains that start or terminate at Kuraby are electrics.

Train 17P6 at 17.10 ex Central is usually a diesel and runs only to
Kingston, not Beenleigh.
This train usually continues empty to Bethania to turn and run round.
There are no loco hauled trains to Beenleigh. With the limited track layout
and Gold Coast trains, it is almost impossible to run round there.