Re: Beyer Garrat to Toowoomba this weekend.

Peter Neeve <P.Neeve@ens.gu.edu.au> wrote in article
<6ekcc6$s2s$1@kraken.itc.gu.edu.au>...
> Just wondering if anyone out there has a timetable for the run the Beyer
> Garrat is making to Toowoomba next weekend.

I have a copy of the train notice issued today but it is wrong. Even shows
the wrong loco.

 I can't afford to ride it ($58
> per person) but would love to get some photos of it (and perhaps a video
of
> it if I can borrow a friends video camera.)

If you drive to Toowoomba, you can catch a bus from the station at 9.15am
to Helidon and ride the train to Toowoomba for only $15.00. If you can't
afford that either, the Garratt is making 4 runs to Harristown on the
Sunday morning at only $5.00 a trip.

> I have the original brochure about it which mentions that it will
stopping at
> Spring Bluff before the run up the range so I could get a stationary shot

> there.

Spring Bluff is about 2/3 of the way up the range. Most of the range is
inaccessible by car and the best way to see it is on the train.

>Any other suggestions of possible good locations for a photo?

At the photostops