Re: Capacity to handle humungous crowds

Dave McL wrote in message <350E24FA.6126@iprolink.co.nz>...

>In all seriousness, I took the Sydney ridership figures as accurate and
>impressive.
>
>Can anyone tell me how many passengers/year the Sydney trains and buses
>carry, compared with the Melbourne trains/buses/trams?

The Sydney figures were accurate, and are indeed impressive - I was taking
issue with your statement that Melbourne has more rail lines than Sydney -
what needs to be taken into account with Sydney is all the cross lines, etc.

I believe that CityRail carries more passengers than all the other rail
systems in Australia combined.

Regards

David Proctor
daproc@bigfoot.com