Re: GLENREAGH - DORRIGO LINE

I, for one certqainly agree with Jim....there has been far too much aggro in
the whole debate and I still really don't undestand what the issues are
between the rival groups. When I was last in Dorrigo (June '97), I enquired
at the local tourist centre about the DRSM and whether it was OK to look at
some of the rollingstock. The woman behind the counter basically rolled her
eyes and said "It will never run" and that "the guy who runs it might let
you have a look if he's in a good mood". Now this to me seems a very
undesirable position for a group such as the DSRM to be in. Perhaps opening
some of the collection up to the public might indeed foster some goodwill
from the local community and engender a more helpfull environment It may
also provide some focus for the two warring parties!!!). The woman I spoke
to also said that a lot of local people were sick of the mess up at the
station. Perhaps if there was some money being generated more people would
get involved. I have noticed that in the English preservation world, Groups
who piss off the local population don't ;last long or can't expand their
oftem small railways.

That's my two cents worth,

Cheers,
Rob