Re: GLENREAGH - DORRIGO LINE

Hey Fellas

When we made a simple enquiry as to what was currently happening we
had no idea we were about to start World War III.

It is obvious from the responses that most correspondence are too
close to the problem to be objective.

Sure rail preservation is one of the objectives, but even that will
never be acheived while you throw rocks at one another, and argue
about trivial details.

Both the line and the equipment is deteriorating and maintenance of
both is apparently way beyond the resources and capabilities of
volunteers, no matter how dedicated and willing.

DRSM has the bulk of the Locos and rolling stock. A viable musuem
could be run at Dorrigo to generate revenue for further restoration.

If what we have now is all there is to show for 20 years of effort,
then nothing much is going to happen in the next 20 years.

Let's have some constructive ideas - please !

Jim Irwin