Re: Glenbrook Accident

Dion Williams <dion5@hotmail.com> wrote:

>There was an accident at Glenbrook around 1976 involving a collision
>between a double-deck interurban and a 46 that led to some controversy
>over NSW rail safety standards. Does anyone have any details on the
>accident and were there any repercussions from it that might have had
>some relevance to the Granville disaster?

You may be thinking of an incident where there was a VERY rare
case of a wrong-side signal failure, i.e. a signal was not at stop
when it should have been.

If so, it has no relation to Granville, unless you draw a very remote
connection about inadequate maintenance (too remote to be real, I fancy).

Eddie Oliver