UHG/JHG Guard Vans

I am interested in the NSW JHG/UHG guards van. I was wondering if anyone can
help me out with a few details...

When were they first introduced?

When were they converted from JHG to UHG?

What is/are the difference/s between the two?

I believe they were used for coal trains in the Hunter Region, is this
correct. If so when were they withdrawn? Did they work anywhere else?

Does anyone know of a list of which original JHG vans were converted to the
UHG vans, and if they kept the same numbers?

The RVRM runs UHG 34098 (I think that's the right number from memory).

Thanks.

Steve Shotton
RVRM