Re: NSW Carraiges at Toombul Qld

Greg Olson-Hyde wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone know the status of the old candy and tuscan NSW
> Carriages in a fenced off section of the car park next to
> the Toombul shopping centre in Qld?
>
> It looks as though they are being restored for...?

At last! We saw the cars heading north and at that stage no one had any
idea what was going on. I now understand that several cars have been
purchased in connection with a proposed restaurant complex to be built
somewhere in Qld. I understand that these were cars that went to Perth
behind Flying Scotsman in 1989 and never came back. Apparently they were
sold to Ian Willis but were never used. They have now passed ownership
to someone up North for the restaurant proposal. Apparently the cost of
railing them across the country was too much and as such they have gone
by road. Can someone have a close look at them and post the actual car
numbers to this group so to confirm this story.
Cheers
Bob