Re: Thanks for assistance

M.B. and C.M.McDonald (Michael.and.Colleen.Mcdonald@xtra.co.nz) wrote:
>QR has seen some major changes since my first visit in 1982 where I was
>surprised to find "compartment" carriages with no door handles on the
>inside of doors.

These Evans cars were still in use a decade later. IIRC, the last regular
non-tourist working of wooden body cars in Australia was on 25/12/91 from
Gatton to Ipswich. It was also the last regular use of an EE loco on
passenger trains.

V/Line ran its last wooden car train the previous evening, air conditioned
E cars on the 17.40 South Geelong.

Cheers
David