Re: Oh no! More pronounciation questions

Geoff Lambert wrote in message <6eaehp$jdj$1@mirv.unsw.edu.au>...

<snip>

>Together with about 20 other people, I part own a property at
>Talong..... all of the 20 owners pronounce it Tay-long... are we all
>wet behind the ears?

In 1974 and 1975 I worked at Medway Junction which was then the next block
station south of Tallong. The signalmen at Tallong (None of whom lived
anywhere near the place) all pronounced it as TALLong (The first syllable
rhyming with pal, not ball). Does anyone know whether this section still
operates under NSW Standard Block?

Barry Campbell