Re: A's on the WMB

David Johnson wrote:
> Maybe he can tell us if anything interesting ran tomorrow.

Funny you should ask....

8207 was supposed to have S302 leading B61, with B61 to return on 8232,
S302 to stay at WMB (to run 8232 the next day, ie we were double heading
for balance reasons).  Anyway B61 got left behind, S302 had oil pressure
problems and hence was failed at WMB, with nothing else in the yard,
V/Line freight's A73 was borrowed to run 8232, so then of course V/Line
Freight needed to get a loco to WMB to run the goods, so X44 led B76 on
8217 (which I was Conductor on).  No exciting time log here though -
high temperatures meant "WOLO" speed restrictions were in force.  On the
way home, B76 solo with 5 cars and 90km/h running until 8pm (scheduled
arrival time at Geelong) made Spencer St only 5 late - that's a damn
good effort.

Just for good measure, at Geelong this morning on 8220, S311 was
detached and replaced by B76.

On 9/3 8207/46 were hauled by A77
On 10/3 8207/46 used A81
On 11/3 8207 had A62, which must've returned on the goods.  Hmmm, might
have to check that I read the diary right....In any case, it's been a
week of very strange loco working on the Warrnambool.  B61 hauled 8237
tonight (12/3), so now that it's communications are working right, loco
working should return to normal.

Cheers,
Craig.
--