Re: Suggestions for Queensland holiday in June.

David Bromage wrote:

> The Dirranbandi Mail the Forsayth mixed are no longer running. There are,
> however still a few mixed trains. Emerald - Yaraka is still running, I'm
> not sure about Hughenden - Winton, but there is one more which I can't
> remember off hand.

Not quite true. Cairns to Forsayth is no longer running, but to my knowledge
the old mining tramway section of the line which has rail dogspiked straight to
bedrock still operates as a tourist service.

It is intended, hopefully this year, to restore a full service from Cairns to
Forsayth.

I don't think Hughenden Winton has run since the days of Hamel. Not on a
regular timetable anyway.  Even Emerald - Yaraka even stopped for a while.

Cheers

Garry