Re: W-Class and ATMS

In article <34FF16AA.7276@iprolink.co.nz>, Dave McL <davemcl@iprolink.co.nz> wrote:

>David Cowans wrote:

>> In Melbourne last week, I travelled on a W class with ATM and
>> validators.   The validators were in use and the conductor was showing
>> people how to use them.   The ATM was off.

>Do you remember which route? I like to keep track of the routes Ws remain
>on, and I hadn't realised they were being equipped with validators.

>Previously I'd read here that the Ws from routes 72, 6 and 5 had been
>swapped with the Zs from the 69 because of the change to validators on
>some Swanston Street routes.

>Dave McLoughlin
>Auckland New Zealand

W class trams are currently in use on routes 8, 16, 69, 12. During the Grand
Prix, W's have also been seen on 5, 6, 72, presumably on increased services.
Metcards are in use on 3,5,6,64,67,72 (Swanston St routes only listed).
Metcards are to be introduced on Epping line and routes 11 & 86 on Tuesday.

John McCallum