Re: Suggestions for Queensland holiday in June.

Roger Taylor wrote in message <34FA7FDE.E0607315@dera.gov.uk>...
>Hi,
>
>Thanks for reading this.
>
>I am hoping to be in Queensland for the most of June and would be
>grateful for any suggestions for railways places of interest to visit.
>
>I travelled from Cairns to Brisbane by train a few years ago and then on
>to Sydney so I did not get the chance to explore the railways in
>Queensland.
>
>Regards,
>
>Roger.

Try visiting the Pioneer or Burdekin Valleys after the middle of June. The
sugar mills will have started crushing and the cain railways will be in
operation. Also take a look at the QR electrified coal network which reaches
the coast at Gladstone and Sarina.

Barry Campbell