Re: W-Class and ATMS

In article <6dlnel$qf8@news.eisa.net.au>,
  "Johann Fan" <yags@geocities.com> wrote:

> Anthony,
> Just another note on the automated ticketing system.. I travel a lot up and
> down Swantson St, and since there have been no hosts aboard the AT trams (ie
> 64,72,etc), I have seen about 5% of people validating their tickets. I am
> sure these people have Metcards as most of them get off at Melbourne Central
> and go thru the barrier gates down at the station.
> Maybe the strategy for removing conductors is wrong?
>
> cheers
> Johann

Hi there

Hosts are on trams for a period of 2 weeks after introduction of AT on a
route and after that they are withdrawn and replaced by roving CSE's who will
board trams at random and check tickets using a PTR (Portable Ticket Reader)
If the passenger does not have a ticket or has a ticket but has not validated
it the the journey they are undertaking, then a infringement notice will be
issued.So you should remember to validate your ticket evry time you board a
vehicle.

Regards

Anthony Tubbs
Technical Officer (Implementation)