Re: Dubbo XPT again

On 5 Mar 1998 05:14:03 GMT, dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage)
wrote:

>Barry Campbell (campblbm@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>>David Bromage wrote in message <6dl1dv$ud5$3@gruvel.une.edu.au>...
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>>This ought to suggest an Xplorer would be better for the job. It only
>>>needs to be 2-car during the off season, built up to 4-car for peak times.
>>
>>For loadings of 20 and 35 as mentioned before wouldn't 2 cars be a waste of
>>expensive equipment and fuel. Why not one car?
>>
>>Don't tell me - I'll bet Xplorers can't run singly.
>
>Correct. There are three types of Xplorer car.
>
>EA - first class/buffet with driving cab.
>EB - economy class
>EC - economy class with disabled toilet, luggage space and driving cab.
>
>They currently run in 2-, 3- cna 4-car formations.
>
>2-car: EA-AC, 2 sets for NP23a/NP24a (Moree)
>3-car: EA-EB-EC, 2 sets for SP19-SP24 (Canberra)
>4-car: EA-EB-EB-EC, 2 sets for NP24/NP24 (Armidale)

  I would imagine that if an explorer could run in a signle car
config, then the ecconomies of scale would suggest that such use would
be far too costly to run.

|  Ashley Wright, Sydney Australia	              |
|  ajwright@ozemail.com.au    or                      |
|  a.wright@student.canberra.edu.au                   |
|  www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright          |