Re: Passenger Information Displays

Simon Buxton <sb@zip.com.au> wrote:

>Hi,

>Another gripe while I am at it, why can't North Sydney Station have a
>conspicuous indicator at the barrier showing the next platform for the
>City? Trains can leave from one of 3 platforms and the normal barrier
>display does not reflect late running etc. I know it is good exercise
>going to one platform then running to the other as a train comes in, but
>not all passengers appreciate it.

>Simon

There is a display like this at Circular Quay, for people who want to
get to Central/Redfern on the next available train.  However, apart
from a day or two after it was introduced some years ago, it never
seems to have been used or else it has never worked properly.  Just
like North Sydney, we all dash up and down the stairs if we make the
wrong decision on which platform to choose.

Geoff Lambert