Re: Passenger Information Displays

Hi,

As a normal user and not a rail expert, I would like to see a start with
very simple ideas used such as a printed timetable on platforms at all
stations. All too often one hurries to avoid missing a train at newer
stations where there is no next train display at the (or all) barriers
(e.g Town Hall {one barrier only} or Sydney Eastern Suburbs stations).
After arriving on the platform one then never knows how long to wait - I
assume the "time to next train" displays as used on the London
Underground are unlikely to be common in Sydney for a few years (I did
see one at Sydenham once).

Another gripe while I am at it, why can't North Sydney Station have a
conspicuous indicator at the barrier showing the next platform for the
City? Trains can leave from one of 3 platforms and the normal barrier
display does not reflect late running etc. I know it is good exercise
going to one platform then running to the other as a train comes in, but
not all passengers appreciate it.

Simon

--
     ///      Simon Buxton, Sydney, Australia                  \\\
     /// Email    : sb@zip.com.au                              \\\