Re: Number Of Platforms At CBD Stations

On 27 Feb 1998 20:45:47 GMT, "Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au>
wrote:

>Adding to other answers:
>The distinction between Sydney Terminal and Sydney Central has changed.
>AFAIK pfm 4-15 have been relabelled Central; the term Terminal is reserved
>for the Countrylink platforms, 1-3.  There are some discrepancies between
>the names on the seats on platforms and the names dangling from the
>verandah.
>The two never-commissioned platforms at Central have been planned for
>various projects; there was even an idea to use then as the VFT terminus.

  Thats interesting as almost any intercity service I see has its
destination as Sydney Terminal. All the electonic (LED type) indicator
boards also show Syndey Terminal as a seperate entitiy to Central. Now
although I think the names could be used interchangably for mine the
terminating platforms, 1-15 are Sydney Terminal and not just the
country ones!!

|  Ashley Wright, Sydney Australia	              |
|  ajwright@ozemail.com.au    or                      |
|  a.wright@student.canberra.edu.au                   |
|  www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright          |