Re: Passenger Information Displays

In the message about  Passenger Informatio*****, from G.LAMBERT@UNSW.EDU.AU to ALL!, G.LAMBERT@UNSW.EDU.AU said:"

GG>  Which leads me to the suggestion (I don't know
GG> whether anyone has tried it) to make an equivalent sign, but one in
GG> which the linear strip of names is substituted by the system map, with
GG> lights lighting up at the stations that are to be called at- rather
GG> like an illuminated track diagram in reverse.  For trains travelling
GG> on circular routes, some form of directional indicator would be a
GG> useful adjunct.

I do recall precisely this system being in use at Leumeah station on the Up
platform (Main South, Sydney) a few years back.  With directional arrows on the map
indicating whether the train went via Granville, Regents Park or East Hills
and the direction of travel around the City Circle.

Regards,

Albert.

 * RM 1.31  * Albert! alberta@zip.com.au http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta/