Re: Australian rail network notation

David Proctor wrote:

> In most states (Queensland is the exception) trains are defined as 'Up'
> trains if they are headed in the direction of the state capital, and 'Down'
> if travelling away from it. There are some exception, such as on
> cross-country lines, where you are travelling neither towards or away from
> the capital.

Generally, the City Circle line in Sydney is referred to as either the City Inner,
or City Outer.  However, just to confuse things, the signals on the City Outer are
all numbered with odd numbers, and the signals on the City Inner are all numbered
wth even numbers.  This indicates to me that the entire City Outer line from
Central all the way back to Central is the down line, while the City Inner is the
up line.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard